Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Well Hell.........!!


One of my very best friends died peacefully in his sleep around 7:00 this morning.............

"Arthur Hunnicut,"
aka "Bozo Wingnut"

finally gave it up after bein my GOOD PAL, & Road Companion, for over 14 years.

The 130 pound long-legged, & long nosed Rott, was havin problems in his hips, and other things that come with gettin' older, like all Rotts ge, & people get..............
and his mobility was gettin where he couldn't run the mailman down anymore........
His pal "Littledog" had gone a few years ago.......
Dad wasn't runnin down the road like he used to...
So I guess he figgered it was his time....

He wasn't doin all that great last night & we knew it was gettin close.........
In fact I was resigned to givin him his last ride in the wagon today, & havin him put down.......
never had to put down any of my dogs, and sure wasn't lookin forward to doin' it with Arthur.....

Sure am glad it didn't happen that way..
I sacked out on the living room floor with him last night, and hopefully made his last few hours a little more comfortable, & easier for him to let go by pettin & scratchin his ears most of the night......
Felt a couple lite kicks on my legs, and a few minutes later I just had a feelin,,,,,I rolled over and saw his big chest wasn't movin..........so............

He was sleeping on a heavy new moving blanket, so we'll let him lay right here in the living room till Robin get s home from work, then we'll take him over to a local mortuary where he will be cremated and put on the shelf with "Littledog".
Just don't want either one of them buried in Kentucky........They were both So Cal dogs.......

One of these days when I'm on the road.......We'll spread their ashes where the time & place "feels' right..........
Till then.......

R.I.P Big Dog...Dad will catch up sometime in the future, after all things are finished, that still need taken care of......... :)
RIP
Arthur Hunnicutt aka "Bozo-Wingnut"
"My PAL"
May 6, 1994 - July 15, 2008


CJs Message Board
CJs Motorcycle Engraving Class